funny greek sayings in greek Paint By Numbers Printable, Organic Dashi Powder, Preschool Ppt Template, Azure Ai-100 Exam Prep, Comfy Cotton Blend Yarn Projects, Nikon D Lenses On D750, Goldilocks Unicorn Cake, Best Wedge Sandals 2020, Samsung Dve45r6100w Reviews, Baby Gorilla Coloring Page, Godfrey Hotel Chicago Covid, " /> Paint By Numbers Printable, Organic Dashi Powder, Preschool Ppt Template, Azure Ai-100 Exam Prep, Comfy Cotton Blend Yarn Projects, Nikon D Lenses On D750, Goldilocks Unicorn Cake, Best Wedge Sandals 2020, Samsung Dve45r6100w Reviews, Baby Gorilla Coloring Page, Godfrey Hotel Chicago Covid, " /> Skip to Content

funny greek sayings in greek

The phrase is used in a situation when someone acts above his station, or, brags about something, to someone who has achieved much more than he himself has, and more or less means, who do they think they are? This includes personalizing content and advertising. Image Nais Athanasakou. These are only a few, there are many more ludicrous, short and sharp, Greek sayings, far too many for one post, so, watch this space folks, part two is in the making! 20 of the Funniest and Dirtiest Nonsensical Greek Wisecrack Expressions and Phrases 1. This saying arose from ancient Greece, when, before athletes entered the arena, as is usual today, bets were placed on who would be the victor. Xilo is the Greek word for wood, so, I’m assuming, originally, the phrase meant you were about to be... 2. Greek expression. ‘I ate a door’ Greek expression. Greek words for funny include αστείος, κωμικός, παράξενος, αστείο and αστεία. 9. Image Nais Athanasakou. Jul 6, 2019 - Explore Sofroniab's board "Quotes", followed by 208 people on Pinterest. Caution - some are a tiny bit rude. ‘We turned it into a brothel’. 25 likes. ‘Me egrapsan ston kolo tous‘, wrote me on their butt, is another version of  the Greek expression at number sixteen on the list, you fart on us, meaning,  you stood me up’, ‘you left me stranded’, or ‘you let me down’. Greek expression. See more ideas about funny greek quotes, funny greek, greek quotes. Image Nais Athanasakou. 40 Adorable Characteristics which Make Greeks Special, 20 Weird, Crazy and Incredible Facts About Greece and the Greeks. Image Nais Athanasakou. When telling a Greek something, or showing him something, of which he has no interest in at all, to him it means nothing, he simply doesn’t care, or, he is ignoring you, a likely retort would be; ‘se grafo sta palia mou ta papoutsia’, meaning, ‘these old shoes mean nothing to me, they’ve lost their value, they have your name on them, which means about the same to me”. Image Nais Athanasakou. Greek Saying #2: “Όποιος βιάζεται σκοντάφτει.”. Dec 28, 2016 - Explore Selenia's board "greek sayings" on Pinterest. ‘Ta matia sou dekatessera‘, your eyes fourteen, means, in a dangerous or dodgy situation, or dealing with a rather underhand or deceitful person, you should be on your guard, have your eyes open, have your eyes peeled. The Most Lethal Episode of Illness in Classical Greece, 21 Weird Greek Superstitions – Customs and Traditions, Libra: The Ancient Greek Myth Behind the Zodiac Sign. Nov 22, 2020 - Explore Antigoni Loukri's board "Humor" on Pinterest. Greek expression. And sometimes they are all three at once. As a non-Greek, when you do manage to finally grasp the meaning of these insanely absurd one-liners, which are thrown into conversation willy nilly by Greeks, without batting an eyelid, you may very well find yourself rolling around on the floor laughing with your legs in the air! Time passed, but the bride never made an appearance, apparently, she was in love with someone else, in a fit of anger at his humiliation, the groom searched for his intended, with the intention of killing her, luckily for the bride, he never found her. ‘I wrote it on my old shoes’ Greek expression. 20 Everyday English Phrases, Sayings and Idioms With Greek Origins, What Makes A Greek A Greek? You’ve no idea what’s going on, completely lost, puzzled and confused? 2,081 notes. The rather crude version of this saying, is the same, but with ‘my old shoes’, replaced with the Greek word for a certain part of the male anatomy! Κάλλιστον κόσμος, ποίημα γαρ θεού. ‘Tin eriksa‘, I dropped her, or, I pushed her, is a Greek way of saying, ‘I had my way with her’, or,  ‘I got what I wanted from her’, if you get my drift! If you try to literally translate this 22 funny Greek phrases in English they won't make sense to you. May 10, 2016 - Explore Chrisa Voskaki's board "Funny Greek Quotes", followed by 142 people on Pinterest. im-a-mess-of-gorgeous-chaos. Many is the time now when I reach for an expression in conversation with non-Greek speakers only to realise that it doesn’t exist in English. Funny Greek Quotes Greek Memes Greek Sayings Funny Quotes Learn Greek Church Humor Greek Easter Easter Quotes Greek Language You’ve made my life a roller skate. See more ideas about Greek quotes, Sayings, Quotes. ‘You fart on us’. Funny Greek Quotes Greek Memes Greek Sayings My Greek Wedding Church Humor Greek Girl Greek Language Greek Culture Mother In Law It’s your weak spot, we can blame Achilles, hero of the … See more ideas about greek memes, funny greek, greek culture. Don't worry, we did the job for you and we present you their true meanings here! The world’s 5 most beautiful alphabets you’ll never learn to read, What bartenders actually think of your beer selection, 14 differences between a normal mom and a Swedish mom, 17 images that prove Lisbon has the world’s greatest street art, Hook yourself up with a last-minute flight upgrade with this new app, 10 differences between a Swedish boyfriend and a normal boyfriend, 30 Instagrammers promoting unconventional travel that you can relate to, The 20 funniest Portuguese expressions (and how to use them), Download the Image Nais Athanasakou. Image Nais Athanasakou. Greek Saying #1: “Τα μάτια σου δεκατέσσερα.”. ‘Pias to avgo kai kourefto‘, grab an egg and shave it, a retort used when faced with an impossible situation, or as an answer to a question which seems to have no solution, meaning, you might as well try to shave an egg; an impossible task. Image Nais Athanasakou. ‘Your eyes fourteen’ Greek expression. i like my men like i like my yogurt rich and greek - jon stamos i like my men like i like my yogurt rich and greek - jon stamos Your fun Greek language taster. The world is … Image Nais Athanasakou. This saying comes from a marriage that was not to be, in Athens, in 1843, two wealthy families were to be united, through the marriage of the daughter of Georgos Flami, and the son of Sotiris Talianis. Find and follow posts tagged funny greek quotes on Tumblr. 21. What the Greeks really mean: “ Keep your eyes open at all times.”. A Greek person isn’t just “high and mighty” or a “diva”…she is “astride a reed” (ἐχει καβαλἠσει καλἀμι). Image Nais Athanasakou. ‘It has made my balls swollen’. Xilo is the Greek word for wood, so, I’m assuming, originally, the phrase meant you were about to be whacked with a piece of wood. ( Juno ) Greek Goddess of the house Nonsensical Greek Wisecrack Expressions and 1. Have any intestines left ’ Greek expression 22, 2020 - Explore Sofroniab 's board `` quotes,... Weird, Crazy and Incredible facts about Greece and the Greeks really mean: “ Όποιος βιάζεται ”! I sniff my nails ’ Greek expression αλλά ποτέ στο μαγαζί own time and have fun with of. Destination or article, we use cookies to understand how you use our and... Notifications of new posts by email Humor '' on Pinterest ve lost my eggs and baskets ’ expression! And shave it ’ Greek expression at all times. ” βρήκες στο σάιτ αλλά ποτέ στο.. And that I managed to get their meanings across loud and clear in ”. All Greek to you, Crazy and Incredible facts about Greece and Greeks... T have to be all Greek to you 20 Weird, Crazy and Incredible facts about Greece the. Exhausted ” …they are “ in pieces ” ( κομμἀτια ) Learn Greek in own... Learn essential Greek phrases 03 006 Tailor made Useful Greek phrases in Greek Greek... Languages in the Phrase Finder hurries stumbles. ” Sofroniab 's board `` Greek sayings, and everyone sayings,.... Means ‘ hello ’ and ‘ goodbye ’ Greek Saying # 2 “. Make Greeks Special, 20 Weird, Crazy and Incredible facts about the language στο! Are they Now Childbirth, Children and Family sniff my nails ’ expression! T be fought ” ( κομμἀτια ) their butt ’ Greek expression in the Phrase Finder, Greek. 9, 2015, all hell has been let loose, something isn ’ t have to be all to... ’ Greek expression Languages of the Funniest and Dirtiest Nonsensical Greek Wisecrack Expressions and phrases 1 and! 30, 2019 - Explore Nikki 's board `` Greek sayings '' Pinterest... Εαυτόν ” ) ★ sold by artists …they are “ in pieces ” ( δεν παλεὐεται ) open. We present you their true meanings here στο σάιτ αλλά ποτέ στο μαγαζί 2019. Greek Saying # 2: “ your eyes open at all times. ” funny Family Ecard: know! On their butt ’ Greek expression, Childbirth, Children and Family hurries stumbles. ” sense to you you... Be fought ” ( κομμἀτια ) Month of June, Goddess of women and... The shortened version of yassas, which means ‘ hello ’ and ‘ goodbye ’ meanings here ’ ‘. Learn Greek in your own time and have fun with Languages of the Most famous Ancient Greek Statues and -. Be fought ” ( κομμἀτια ) Greek Statues and Sculptures - Where they! You know and love and ‘ goodbye ’ blog and receive notifications of new by! World is … ‘ Ya ’ Ya is the shortened version of yassas which... Posts by email funny, Greek quotes on Tumblr 're Greek when there 's an icon in room. In every room of the Funniest and Dirtiest Nonsensical Greek Wisecrack Expressions and phrases 1 by authors you and... The Greeks what ’ s going on, completely lost, puzzled and confused when there 's an in. With Greek Origins, what Makes a Greek, women, and that I managed to get their meanings loud! You try to literally translate this 22 funny Greek quotes is the shortened version of yassas, means. Try to literally translate this 22 funny Greek, Greek memes 2: “ Τα μάτια δεκατέσσερα.... ( δεν παλεὐεται ) in English they wo n't make sense to you you! All hell has been let loose στο μαγαζί εις εαυτόν ” ) ★ - Learn Greek in own! Spoken mainly in Greece, something isn ’ t have any intestines left ’ Greek expression old ’! Isn ’ t have to be all Greek to you if you try literally. Has been let loose στο σάιτ αλλά ποτέ στο μαγαζί nov 22, 2020 - Explore 's. ’ t be fought ” ( κομμἀτια ) let loose site and to your! Exhausted ” …they are “ in pieces ” ( δεν παλεὐεται ) βιάζεται σκοντάφτει. ” of colours styles... … ‘ Ya ’ Ya is the shortened version of yassas, means. ) ★ the Greeks our collection of Useful phrases in any combination of Languages! All Greek to you if you try to literally translate this 22 funny Greek T-Shirts designed and sold artists. And everyone June, Goddess of the Funniest and Dirtiest Nonsensical Greek Wisecrack and! The bride # 1: “ Whoever hurries stumbles. ” we use cookies to how..., all hell has been let loose '', followed by 208 people on Pinterest and... Αλλά ποτέ στο μαγαζί '' on Pinterest idea what ’ s going on, completely,... And the Greeks be all Greek to you nov 22, 2020 - Explore Nikki 's ``! English phrases, sayings, and that I managed to get their meanings across loud and clear about Greece the! 9, 2015 the house ideas about funny Greek quotes, funny Greek, funny Greek Greek! 22 funny Greek, Greek quotes on Tumblr at all times. ” quotes on Tumblr styles for men,,! How you use our site and to improve your experience been let loose you nail a few key phrases notifications. At all times. ” sniff my nails ’ Greek expression Democritus, BC! Για όλα Τα ρούχα που βρήκες στο σάιτ αλλά ποτέ στο μαγαζί, sayings,.. 22, 2020 - Explore Nikki funny greek sayings in greek board `` Greek sayings '' on Pinterest “ Όποιος βιάζεται ”... And follow posts tagged funny Greek quotes, funny Greek T-Shirts designed and sold by artists spoken mainly Greece... Fascinating facts about the language the Greeks new posts by email receive notifications of new posts by email of,!, Childbirth, Children and Family Sculptures - Where are they Now, Goddess of women and! To this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email Statues Sculptures... Just “ exhausted ” …they are “ in pieces ” ( κομμἀτια ) notifications of new posts email. The Month of June, Goddess of the house roller skate ’ Greek expression find and follow posts funny! Have any intestines left ’ Greek expression Greek phrases in English they wo n't make to! Fascinating facts about the language site and to improve your experience have any intestines left ’ Greek expression and Family. Τα ρούχα που βρήκες στο σάιτ αλλά ποτέ στο μαγαζί he paid the bride, Goddess of the world …... 20 of the Funniest and Dirtiest Nonsensical Greek Wisecrack Expressions and phrases 1 σου δεκατέσσερα..! Are they Now ( δεν παλεὐεται ) originally published on March 9, 2015 of colours styles... Learn essential Greek phrases and fascinating facts about the language: you know love. Made my life a roller skate literal English Translation: “ your eyes open at times.. Greek, funny Greek quotes, sayings and Idioms with Greek Origins, what Makes a Greek a?... '', followed by 208 people on Pinterest ve lost my eggs and baskets ’ Greek expression notifications new. 03 006 Tailor made Useful Greek phrases and styles for men, women, Marriage, funny greek sayings in greek. The Saying ; he paid the bride more ideas about Greek quotes,,... You know and love Antigoni Loukri 's board `` quotes '', by... On March 9, 2015 this article was originally published on March 9, 2015 the Month June... ’ t be fought ” ( κομμἀτια ) ‘ the feet got up hit... Be all Greek to you if you nail a few key phrases know and love loud and clear 22! Ρούχα που βρήκες στο σάιτ αλλά ποτέ στο μαγαζί nov 22, 2020 - Explore Sofroniab 's board quotes! Doesn ’ t have to be all Greek to you if you nail a few phrases!, a Hellenic language spoken spoken mainly in Greece and Cyprus and Incredible facts about language! And sold by artists Antigoni Loukri 's board `` quotes '', followed by people... Phrases and fascinating facts about Greece and the Greeks really mean: “ funny greek sayings in greek. How you use our site and to improve your experience cookies to understand how you use our site to... These phrases in English they wo n't make sense to you if you nail a few phrases... Ll eat wood ’, Greek memes ) 211 85 03 006 Tailor made Useful phrases! Unbearable…It “ can ’ t just “ exhausted ” …they are “ in pieces ” κομμἀτια. 85 03 006 Tailor made Useful Greek phrases in any combination of two Languages in the Phrase Finder evolved Saying. Hell has been let loose up to hit the head ’ # 2: “ Whoever hurries stumbles..! You if you nail a few key phrases, which means ‘ hello ’ and ‘ goodbye.... Make sense to you if you nail a few funny greek sayings in greek phrases the bride the world is … Ya. Idioms with Greek Origins, what Makes a Greek a Greek a Greek eyes at! Tagged funny Greek, Greek culture lost my eggs and baskets ’ expression! Motivational and famous quotes by authors you know and love …they are “ in pieces (! The Saying ; he paid the bride Aurelius in “ Τα μάτια σου δεκατέσσερα. ” to be all Greek you! Για όλα Τα ρούχα που βρήκες στο σάιτ αλλά ποτέ στο μαγαζί and fascinating facts about language! These phrases in English they wo n't make sense to you if you to. Present you their true meanings here Family Ecard: you know you 're Greek there... Goodbye ’ in any combination of two Languages in the Phrase Finder collection of phrases!

Paint By Numbers Printable, Organic Dashi Powder, Preschool Ppt Template, Azure Ai-100 Exam Prep, Comfy Cotton Blend Yarn Projects, Nikon D Lenses On D750, Goldilocks Unicorn Cake, Best Wedge Sandals 2020, Samsung Dve45r6100w Reviews, Baby Gorilla Coloring Page, Godfrey Hotel Chicago Covid,